De Palm Tours is your one-stop shop to fun and adventure! We offer a wide selection of tours and activities suitable for all ages and stages. From mellow cruising to wet 'n wild action, and cool comfort to rugged off-road exploration. Founded as a tour and transfer company in 1960, De Palm has gained trust and won the hearts of many Aruba visitors; first-timers and repeaters. The organization grew from six employees to today's volume of over 300 staff members, all committed to providing visitors with a convenient, hassle-free, one-stop portal to a wide variety of vacation experiences on Aruba.
We are looking for a highly accurate, reliable, responsible and efficient team member, who is flexible to adjust to a fast paced environment. This team member will contribute to the strategic success of the Accounting department which is pivotal to the overall success of De Palm and all its subsidiaries.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst is responsible for recording all revenue daily, accounts receivable aging, and other accounting areas associated with the company’s revenue cycle in an accurate, consistent, and timely (ACT) manner. The Accounts Receivable Analyst must also be able to communicate effectively with team members in the accounting department, the sales department and international customers.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent, and BKB
- Minimum 3 year of experience in an accounting office
- English. Spanish, Papiamento and Dutch is a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude
- advanced computer skills
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
Some typical duties will include but are not limited to
- Posts daily sales from the companies' Revenue Management systems
- After posting sales, controls aged receivables register for accuracy
- Works on aged receivables weekly and ensures all aged receivables are notified to the Senior Accountant AR and accounts receivable coordinator
- Notifies the Senior Accountant AR and Accounts Receivable Coordinator immediately of any customer accounts that are overdue and may be in violation of De Palm credit policies.
- Works towards goal of working paperless; assists with development of scanning solutions
- Assists with development of the new Revenue Management system
- Prepares aged receivables write offs monthly for Senior Accountant AR
- Posts write offs monthly
- Follows the month end closing procedures
- Prepares month end analysis of revenue and AR
- Records revenue daily and reconciles to cash receipts and AR
- Maintains clean aged receivables reports
- Ensures 98% collectability of accounts
- Maintains clean customer account files and passes audit review annually