De Palm Tours is your one-stop shop to fun and adventure! We offer a wide selection of tours and activities suitable for all ages and stages. From mellow cruising to wet 'n wild action, and cool comfort to rugged off-road exploration. Founded as a tour and transfer company in 1960, De Palm has gained trust and won the hearts of many Aruba visitors; first-timers and repeaters. The organization grew from six employees to today's volume of over 300 staff members, all committed to providing visitors with a convenient, hassle-free, one-stop portal to a wide variety of vacation experiences on Aruba.
We are looking for a highly accurate, reliable, responsible and efficient team member, who is flexible to adjust to a fast paced environment. This team member will contribute to the strategic success of the Accounting department which is pivotal to the overall success of De Palm and all its subsidiaries.
This position is responsible for paying suppliers, the supervision of bank account balances, booking bank transactions and preparing payment plan.
- Minimum E.P.I. or equivalent, P.D.B. is a must
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable and 3 years accounting experience
- Supervisory and people skills
- English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong analytical and Problem solving skills
Some typical duties will include but are not limited to
- Prepare supplier payments and handle emails in a timely fashion based on company policies.
- Download Banks, CC & P-cards an review back up
- Handles Erfpacht, grondbelasting and Domein water
- Books all bank transactions based upon company policies and records the correct general ledger accounting number.
- Prepares weekly budget payment for Senior Accountant AP review.
- Handles incoming mail.
- Prepares weekly bank statement balances
- Reconciles Fixed Assets and CAPEX and movements
- Post AP & Fixed assets entries