De Palm Tours is your one-stop shop to fun and adventure! We offer a wide selection of tours and activities suitable for all ages and stages. From mellow cruising to wet 'n wild action, and cool comfort to rugged off-road exploration. Founded as a tour and transfer company in 1960, De Palm has gained trust and won the hearts of many Aruba visitors; first-timers and repeaters. The organization grew from six employees to today's volume of over 300 staff members, all committed to providing visitors with a convenient, hassle-free, one-stop portal to a wide variety of vacation experiences on Aruba.
We are looking for a highly accurate, reliable, responsible and efficient team member, who is flexible to adjust to a fast paced environment. This team member will contribute to the strategic success of the Accounting department which is pivotal to the overall success of De Palm and all its subsidiaries.
This position supports the Assistant Financial Controller and the Senior Accountant with preparing of reporting and assess daily functions of the Accounting Department.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounts positions of similar responsibility and scope
- English is a must, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento a plus
- Leadership skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong analytical and Problem solving skills
- Team player and positive attitude
Some typical duties will include but are not limited to
- Maintains Accounting Procedures.
- Assists the FC, Assistant FC and Senior Accountant in developing the Monthly Financial Statements, yearly financial closing and budget.
- Assists with the internal control and the reconciliation of the balance sheets, income statements
- Assists the FC, Assistant FC and Senior Accountant with the process of the yearly external audit
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Assists with reviewing of expenses as assigned
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assists with other accounting project
- Assist with intercompany reconciliation and elimination entries
- Prepare BBO/ BAZV and BAVP
- F&B entry DPW and DPC
- Inventory retail, NB and Fuel
- Central Bank reports Fala, monthly and quarterly reports
- Assist when Assistant FC or Senior Accountant is not available