De Palm Tours is your one-stop shop to fun and adventure! We offer a wide selection of tours and activities suitable for all ages and stages. From mellow cruising to wet 'n wild action, and cool comfort to rugged off-road exploration. Founded as a tour and transfer company in 1960, De Palm has gained trust and won the hearts of many Aruba visitors; first-timers and repeaters. The organization grew from six employees to today's volume of over 300 staff members, all committed to providing visitors with a convenient, hassle-free, one-stop portal to a wide variety of vacation experiences on Aruba.
We are looking for someone to provide an independent, objective audit assurance and consulting activity, designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. The internal audit activity helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance process.
This position will conduct financial, operational and compliance audits for our various business units, operating companies and or corporate office. This position will meet with the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board periodically to report plans for audit activity, the results of the audit activity and will provide other required information.
This position has direct access to the CEO and Supervisory Board should matters of immediate significance arise which demand their attention.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent; CPA, CIA or similar certification or actively working towards a certification
- Minimum 4 years of financial or internal audit experience in a public accounting or a corporate setting including previous experience supporting the planning, execution, and documentation of audits consistent with professional standards, policies, and procedures.
- Experience managing junior level auditors is preferred
- Previous experience with performing process walkthroughs; documenting processes and related internal controls; evaluating control design; and testing for control operating efficiency
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Strong understanding of financial statements and related auditing techniques
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and experience with data extraction (e.g. SQL or other tools) and analysis
- Proven skills in building positive relationships and trust
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to communicate with senior level executives and Supervisory Board
- Able to work independently