De Palm Tours is your one-stop shop to fun and adventure! We offer a wide selection of tours and activities suitable for all ages and stages. From mellow cruising to wet 'n wild action, and cool comfort to rugged off-road exploration. Founded as a tour and transfer company in 1960, De Palm has gained trust and won the hearts of many Aruba visitors; first-timers and repeaters. The organization grew from six employees to today's volume of over 300 staff members, all committed to providing visitors with a convenient, hassle-free, one-stop portal to a wide variety of vacation experiences on Aruba.
We are a growing company in need of an experienced IT Manager to lead and manage our technology team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Develop and implement IT strategies that align with the company's overall goals. Manage and lead the technology team, including hiring, training, and performance evaluations. Oversee all IT operations, including network infrastructure, software development, and data management. Ensure IT systems are secure and compliant with industry standards and regulations. Collaborate with other departments to identify and implement technology solutions that improve efficiency and productivity. Stay current with industry trends and technologies to ensure the company is utilizing the best tools and practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT management or a related role
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical expertise in areas such as network infrastructure, software development, and data management
- Experience with project management and budgeting
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in English, Papiamento and Spanish and Dutch is a plus
- Advanced computer and people skills
Some typical duties will include but are not limited to
- Select, train, develop, motivate and coach staff to ensure their continued growth to provide high quality services.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure that team member activities follow all organizational policies and standards.
- Supervise and motivate team members and oversee programming completed by these team members.
- Supervise the team members and maintain existing software programs including updates and/or revisions and troubleshooting.
- Supervise the team members for the installation of hardware and software throughout the company, which includes training on both hardware, and software.
- Establish work standards in the IT department, assign and schedule work, or delegate work to subordinates.
- Consult with the IT Steering Committee to determine information requirements of management, determines boundaries and priorities of new projects, and discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
- Reviews completed projects or computer programs to ensure that goals are met and that programs are compatible with other programs already in use
- Proposing strategic solutions and recommending new systems and software.
- Identifying vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensuring the maintenance of current projects and technology systems.
- Consults with software and hardware vendors and other establishments workers to solve problems impeding computer processing
- Prepare a yearly development plan with priorities and goals for overall specific business processes.
- Assist with the annual budget process of the department.
- Develop and maintain areas that can provide efficient and effective services within budgetary constraints.
- Preparing financial budgets and performance reports
If you are an experienced IT professional looking to take the next step in your career, please apply today! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.